Tuesday, March 23, 2010

March Happenings

Due to receiving an anonymous comment, from my mom I suspect, I decided to do another post again. The comment before that was another anonymous one, that time from my sister on my need to post. So the moral of the story: comment and maybe if I see it, I'll post again.

Last Thursday, my mom turned 50 years old, half of a century. It was a non-eventful sort of affair. She did receive some presents, and she worked on sewing herself a dress during the day. For lunch I brought home Chinese at her request. Daddy took a business trip, which he didn't take Momma on, which was quite a treat for us ladies (we never get left home alone with our mom overnight, because Daddy has a very hard time being separated from her). It was just an overnight affair, so he got home the afternoon of Momma's birthday.

Je enjoys her work, and she is working many hours this week and next. The Lord just keeps giving her more and more hours to work. We sure miss her when she is gone, although today Mommy and I went to visit her at work which was very nice.

For me I'm taking a class on Jewish Culture and Customs. It's been a whole lot different than my last class. First of all NO tears!!! Then my professor is very interactive with us students, and there are 11 of us students-almost twice the amount of the first class. Therefore discussion is a whole lot easier, added to the fact that the questions are actually fun to answer. Today was my first day to be somewhat discouraged and I'm not really sure exactly why. Only 3 1/2 weeks until summer break!

Last week, and part of the week before that, Mommy, Je, and I made 8 skirts. Four of the skirts were a ladies size, the other four a size medium girls. We sent them off to Haiti. We all had a ton of fun sewing and making the skirts together.

In other news I heard a report that there is more than just one person who reads this blog, that means I need to be careful what I write, and to write more often. I really don't blame people for not commenting. I read many, many blogs, and I rarely ever comment.

No comments: