Thursday, March 4, 2010

February at our House

February was a fun month. The beginning/middle of the month, Daddy and Mommy left for a week and went to Pittsburgh. Je and I stayed home and had a grand old time. We watched lots of movies, went to a talk on chocolate and tasted it at the library, and I managed to do my school in a timely matter. Then on February 12th, my big sister turned the big TWO THREE. We went and had our nails done, and my sister had an updo. Then in the evening we had our church over for an ice cream social. The afternoon of that day was spent doing the final preparations for the party. Our parents arrived home in the middle of the ice cream social. We played Fictionary, which is where one person writes out the definition of a very obscure word in the dictonary, than everyone else writes out what they think the definition is, after that the definitions are all read and everyone votes on which one they think is correct. It was a lot of fun.

I haven't said exactly where I do online college. It's called Institute of Jewish Studies or IJS as I always call it. Friends of Israel is the parent organization over it. Last fall they went online (before the Institute was at Philadelphia Biblical University). Once I finished high school I knew I wanted to take online Bible classes, but I didn't know exactly where. I had considered The Master's College Online, but I was more comfortable with IJS, since I feel like I know the people with Friends of Israel, and I had heard talks from the Professors at IJS about how great IJS is.


This above picture leads me to another exciting development at my house. On Saturday a laptop arrived for my family to use. I was taking over our computer, so my dad decided to buy a laptop that I could use. I think the laptop is just the greatest thing. In fact I typed some of my school on it today.

While I'm between college classes, my mom has been teaching me cake decorating. Here is what I learned today. It's quite fun if you have the right equipment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When are you going to post what is happening in March?