Thursday, March 4, 2010

January at our House

Right off in January brought a trip to Mississippi to visit my Grandmother. We've decided that we aren't taking any more long trips in January unless we have to. The roads were bad for the first couple of hours on our way down. Then on our way home a week later, they were extremely treacherous. We saw probably 100 cars in the ditch, a Greyhound bus, and jackknifed semis. We ended up stayed overnight in Champaign, IL at a super nice Country Inn and Suites, because of the horrible roads. It turned out to be a very nice relaxing evening. Drinking hot cocoa, going out to eat at a Bob Evans, with only 1 other table of people when we arrived and 5 tables when we left. Then listening to a book on tape in our room and just relaxing. We arrived home safely the next day.

A few days later I played for church, and then the Monday of that week I started college online. My 1st class was one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life. My poor family got to hear me cry almost everyday. But I learned a huge amount, and today I officially finished all my assignments. Monday I start my next class which is entitled, Jewish Culture and Customs, this class looks to be somewhat easier-it doesn't deal with difficult to interpret Bible passages. My classmates were wonderful in my last class, and my new class I have more classmates and I'm sure they will be great also.


The day we left Mississippi they had a "horrible" snowstorm, they even called school off. Here is a picture of all the snow!!! We thought it was nothing compared to what we are used to.

Also in January we had the Z kids and their parents over. I go to their house every Monday to socialize with people younger than me and also to work. They are all very good artists, in fact Gracie, the girl in the middle, recently won an art contest with a very large cash prize. I feel very fortunate to know such famous young people.
Elijah and Evie are the two youngest of the Z kids. They are just as fun as their older siblings.

No comments: