Friday, August 8, 2008

A Week without Parents-August 3rd to 8th

Sunday morning, August 3rd Daddy and Mommy left for Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Je and I went to church.

On Monday we loafed around, because we had a late Sunday night. Basically we did household tasks and trimmed the shrubs at our house.

Tuesday was a big day for me. I went to piano lessons, and then went grocery shopping for the first time all by myself. Tuesday afternoon Je and I cleaned the house and finished watching a movie we had started Sunday. That evening we went out for ice cream, walked together, and played Dutch Blitz until 10:30 at night. Wednesday, we made a fancy torte together. In the early morning we mixed the ingredients and cooked the torte.

Unfortunately, I had a tough time getting it to come out of the pans. But we put the filling and frosting on, and the torte looked better. Wednesday afternoon we watched some of the video No Time for Sergeants and I mowed the lawn. In the evening we went out to eat at Taco Bell and Culver's. I spent just over a dollar for supper and dessert (the ice cream at Culver's was free). Our parents have taught us to be frugal.

Thursday, we finished cleaning the house and finished No Time for Sergeants. Then in the evening we had sisters over for dinner, a sleepover and watching videos. We had a good time together. Friday night was spent adjusting to having parents again.

No comments: