Tuesday, July 8, 2008

1/2 a Gallon of Blood

We returned from visiting Daddy's parents last night about 10:50. Last Wednesday we left to visit them, and we stayed in Effingham, Illinois, Wednesday night. For supper in Effingham we went out to eat at Cracker Barrel, and for dessert (or in our family called the Double S) we bought Drumsticks at Aldi. Thursday afternoon we arrived in Mississippi, and yesterday we left Mississippi about 8 o'clock. Almost the whole way coming and going we listened to sermons or books on tape.
This afternoon we picked up our mail, gave blood, went grocery shopping, and picked up a Herb Chicken Mediterranean pizza from Papa Murphy's for supper. Today was the 1st time all 4 of us were able to give blood together. I have a problem with becoming nervous so my pulse goes very high, thus I can't give. But today it was 96 and it has to be under 100, so I was able to give! The four of us together gave 1/2 a gallon of blood, which is 1/4 of a gallon of O- and 1/4 of a gallon of O+. Daddy and I are O+, and Mommy and Je are O -. When I was younger, I didn't like my blood type, because I wasn't like Mommy and Je and we used to do things by blood type. Je and I shared a nurse together. If we give blood we don't feel like making supper, so we go out to eat, which is nice.

No comments: