Saturday, July 19, 2008

Interviews and Piano playing.

The summer continues to be busy at our house. Je had a job interview last Friday, and she had a second interview at the same place yesterday. Monday she'll find out whether she gets the job or not. Je worked about 33 hours at the library this week. So we haven't seen her much at all. Yesterday she left before 8 because she had her interview before work and came home after 6. Next week Je plans to be home more. We all miss her terribly while she is gone.

For me this week has been filled with piano playing. Sunday, I played for the church service, and then Tuesday I had piano lessons. Wednesday, was my weekly 1/2 hour playing downtown, and then Thursday my teacher had a piano recital where I played a duet with a friend and The Chrysanthemum by Scott Joplin. I enjoyed the piano recital a lot and I was happy with how my piano pieces turned out. The last time I had a piano recital I played out of Alfred Level 3, which means it was a really long time ago. We forgot our camera, so sadly we don't have any pictures. I haven't worked on school this week, because I've been busy working on reading for the summer reading contest at our local library. But I finished reading for it, so now I plan to settle down and do lots of school, especially next week.

Yesterday I finished making a top to go with a skirt I recently made, and Wednesday, we went shopping and I bought material to make a jumper. Every Friday we try to sew if possible. Here is a picture of the skirt and shirt I made: I liked the picture without my head best.

No comments: