Saturday, March 8, 2008

Wednesday and Friday

I didn't think anything of note had happened in the last week, so I read my journal, and actually plenty had happened, I'd just forgotten.

Wednesday, Daddy and Mommy left Je and I for the whole day. I was able to get a ton done while they were gone-both household tasks and school. The night before, I had made myself a tight schedule to follow, and that certainly helped me be able to get a lot done.

Also on Wednesday, I was saddened to hear Huckabee had dropped out Tuesday night. As far as I've heard, we haven't decided yet who to vote for in November. At least we have quite a few months yet, to decide.

Je has finals next week, which the whole family is excited about. After finals, she doesn't have to go back to school till April!!

Every Friday night, we do something as a family, usually watch a DVD. But last night, we decided to drop in and visit, Mrs. Anderson, a friend from church. We sat and chatted a while and then went to do her grocery shopping for her. We all enjoyed visiting her and doing something different on a Friday for a change. After we got back home, we watched the movie, Heartstrings. The movie is one of my top 5 favorite movies, if not my favorite.

On Friday nights we, as a family, can tend to become quite silly. While I was eating a nectarine, and Je and I were talking to Mommy. Je twisted my hair around the chair, without me knowing about it. Mommy had to tell me what Je had done.

Next week, I'm cutting out material to make myself a summer nightgown, in the watermelon print on the right. The material on the left is for a winter nightgown, and I don't know when I'll cut it out.


Don't forget to set your clocks, an hour ahead today. A couple of years ago we found it best to set the clocks ahead in the middle of the afternoon on Saturday. That way we just eat supper and go to bed earlier.

No comments: