Sunday, June 13, 2010

Gardening and the Summer

There has been a lot going on in my mind recently. Just thinking of where I'm at with my walk with the Lord. Areas that need to be corrected, and ways to change them to be more Christ-like. (Anyone who reads this is welcome to pray for me.)

On a totally different note: We put in a garden as a family on Memorial Day morning. We try to have a garden every year of about 8 plants maximum. Last year it was 4 tomato plants, 3 pepper plants, and 1 cucumber plant. Well this year we really had vision as we bought 21 tomato plants, 9 broccoli plants, 2 cucumber plants, 2 squash plants, and 2 green pepper plants for a total of 36 plants!

Well, what am I doing now that I don't have school? Last month I started teaching 4 children piano, plus the student I've had for over a year for a total of 5 students. But my student I've had a while is taking a break for the summer, so I only have 4 students this summer. One of the areas that needs to be corrected in my life is the sin of laziness. I'm praying that the Lord might give me a ministry, a way to serve Him, and also something to do to keep me from wasting time. The big thing I'm doing this summer is spending time with my family. Also I'm doing the typical tasks of folding laundry, doing dishes, helping make meals, playing piano, and doing the things that are on my list. -I know I need a bigger vision for my life and I'm working on that.

P.S. I got 4 more piano students today!

No comments: