Saturday, January 31, 2009

Only 1 Wise Person Left in the Family!

Before surgery and still sane.

Yesterday, I had all four of my wisdom teeth surgically removed. Although I wanted to be awake for the surgery, the oral surgeon and my mom convinced me to have conscience sedation. My mom and sister were laughing so hard at me after surgery, they had tears in their eyes!


I made funny faces. I repeatedly asked to have my picture taken (which my sister did). I kept asking for a mirror to see what I looked like. I sang and swayed to the music in the office and said, "Their music is violent!" (It was actually peppy, easy listening). Also I said, "Since I'm a major not a minor (as in 18 and over), I didn't get a Bugs Bunny band-aid." (My sister got a Bugs Bunny band-aid when she had her 12 year molars removed. ) Additionally I kept asking if I was telling bad jokes, and "Tell me a funny story."


The first thing I remember after surgery is "waking up" in the recovery area and just crying-it's common for girls my age to just do that after conscience sedation, not because they are in pain or anything. It took till about 3 o'clock for my memory to come back fully. We arrived home about noon and we watched Fireproof. Yesterday I ended up watching the Fireproof's commentary twice, because I didn't remember it the first time. There was lots of gauze changings and ice packs on for 20 min., off for 20 min. I ended up drinking 3 cans of pop yesterday, which is amazing considering my family rarely drinks pop, unless we are on vacation.

Today I have taken 2 naps and each one was about a hour long. The pain has been very easy to deal with today. It has been a lot of fun just laying around watching movies and letting my family wait on me and do the housework.

In case you are wondering, my sister is the only wise one left in the family, her wisdom teeth are coming in great!

1 comment:

crik said...

Well I'm glad to hear you came through ok! I would have loved to see you right after you came to! :D