Monday, January 5, 2009

Day 2 (January 5th) of our Trip

At our hotel room finishing up dessert, Yum!

We woke up about 6:45 EST, and Daddy and Mommy went to eat breakfast, Je and I did our devotions and then Je took a shower. After both Je and I were dressed and ready, we ate breakfast. At 9:12 we checked out of our hotel. We made a quick stop at the local Wal-Mart for a few things, then gasoline at Flying J. At 11:24 we crossed the Mississippi River at St. Louis. I enjoyed looking out the window and seeing the Arch. It has been about 10 years since I had been to this part of Missouri, so I enjoyed seeing the scenery. Daddy drove the whole way again today. Mommy drank some coke so she would stay awake, and be able to sleep at night. But Je and I slept a bit and read some. We listened to more of Jan Karon's book during our time on the road today. We had lunch, which I made, again in the car. Daddy and Mommy ate turkey sandwiches, and Je and I tuna sandwiches. At 4:00 we arrived at our hotel. We relaxed, read, checked the Internet, and watched some Hogan's Heroes. For supper we ate at the local Chick-Fil-A! Our first experience at a Chick-Fil-A was at an extremely large hospital in Richmond, VA, which was very fast paced. This was our first time at a normal Chick-Fil-A and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The workers were very friendly and helpful. We even ate dessert, which is about a once a year experience at a restaurant. Daddy got a brownie with ice cream, Je got a peppermint shake, and Mommy and I got vanilla ice cream with blueberries! It was delicious! It's time for bed and devotions.

No comments: